Saturday, March 05, 2011

A Day in the Life of a Home-Based Business Owner

We talk about balancing our professional life with our personal life and we certainly mean well, but sometimes it just becomes a flurry of activity trying to get everything done and you don't have time to measure if you are spending more time in one area than another....so I share with you a typical day - or should I say what yesterday was like for me...awake at 5:30am...mad at myself for waking up so early for no reason...go to desk and check e-mails...make coffee...back to desk to answer e-mails....shower, dress and tidy up bedroom...quick breakfast...check e-mails once again...make two calls back East to secure speakers for my radio show...kiss husband goodbye and out the door I go.  See one client about the financial report I'm doing that he needs for his client; stop at office supply store to get toner; two calls in the car from speakers about radio show date availalability; stop at mail box center to pick up mail; lunch at my nephew's restaurant - had to go there anyway since I manage the finances for him; meeting with another client about past due taxes and how best to contact the authorities; meeting with a potenial new client to start-up her cleaning services businesses; stop at grocery store for needed items; back to home-office; changed toner and printed materials needed for next day's client; wrote out outline for next week's radio show; answered e-mails and threw chicken in the pot for dinner.  Talked with my husband for a few minutes to go over some future travel plans - as I cooked dinner and he did laundry,  After dinner, had phone call from website people re changes I need made and then Josh, my intern came over to show me what progress he made on the projects I gave him to do for extra college credit.  Fell asleep on couch.  Hard to determine where I worked the hardest - it kinda all flows together after awhile.  All I know is I love what I do....each day is different, cause I plan it that way.  I look at the things I need to do and outline the driving route I need to take to get everything done....of course, I can't predict traffic problems nor client forgetting our meeting or running late which makes me late, but I can predict that I would never go back to a nine to five routine for all the money in the world!   I would rather work 5:30am to 9:00pm for myself!    I love what I do and live the life I love!   I can show you how to do it!     Contact me:  helene@thehome-office.com Helene      http://www.thehome-office.com/          http://www.voiceamerica.com/   The Home-Based Business Show

No comments: